Anonymous asked: Jesus wasn't middle eastern, He was an israelite. read a book.
friend i have some bad news for you.
A little lighter.
Aaaaahhhhhhhhh tooooooooooooo gorgeousssssssijfdiljfdxiojfdiof
So I heard it’s Earth Day
“I’m self-sufficient. I spend a lot of time on my own and I shut off quite easily. When I communicate, I communicate 900 per cent, then I shut off, which scares people sometimes.”
—Björk (via stockholmtoast)
So serious can this be that the INFP may, rather than bring the issue up later, simply drop the offending person from their life-space. The INFP has a tendency to idealise relationships and so may be disappointed when others don’t measure up.
The Bible is the road map to Heaven, the instruction manual for living a righteous and just life before God, and the love letter from our Heavenly Father.
1 Korintiyan 9:27 JNTNuo mi no mek mi badi kanchuol mi, mi kanchuol mi badi an mek it du wa mi waahn it fi du. Da wie de afta mi don priich di Gud Nyuuz Gad kyaahn se mi no dizorv fi mi praiz.
One of my favorite Bible verses in Jamaican creole 😊
Hear me speedily, O Lord: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Hiding [in] the Word of God.
Luke 8:4-15, Romans 10:17, Hebrews 4:12
Unique in Survival – Matthew 24:35
Unique in Reliability – Isaiah 46:9-10
- Faith – Colossians 2:6, Hebrews 11:6, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Romans 10:17
- Power – Hebrews 4:12
- Protection – Matthew 4:10-11
- Nourishment – 1 Corinthians 3:2, Psalm 19:10, Job 23:12, 1 Peter 2:2
- Fruitfulness – Psalm 1:1-3
- Success – Joshua 1:8
- Guidance – Psalm 119:105
- Peace – Isaiah 26:2, Psalm 119:165
Why should we do this?
- To control our thoughts – Proverbs 23:7, Philippians 4:8, Psalm 1:1-2, Matt 12:34, Isaiah 55:7-9, John 1:1
- To overcome sin – Psalm 119:11, James 1:14-15
How can we do this?
- Hearing – Romans 10:17
- Reading – Revelation 1:3
- Studying - Acts 17:11
- Memorizing – Deuteronomy 8:1-4
- Meditation – Psalm 1:2
Sins of the Tongue
I just thought I’d share something I learnt awhile back.
The spoken word is very important – especially to God. He created with spoken words – He IS the word. (John 1:1)
He hears every word we say: every good, every grumbling. Every idle word that we speak will be accounted for (Matt 12:36).
Types of sinful tongues:
- Swift tongue – Proverbs 18:13
- Backbiting tongue – Proverbs 25:23, Romans 1:30
- Tale-bearing tongue - Proverbs 18:8, Leviticus 19:17
- Cursing tongue – Romans 3:13-14
- Piercing tongue – Proverbs 12:18
- Silent tongue – Acts 1:8, Luke 4:18-22
- Lying tongue – Proverbs 25:18
- Flattering tongue – Psalm 5:9
- Proud tongue – Psalm 12:3-4
- Overused tongue – Ecclesiastes 5:2-3
“Keep your mouth, keep your life”, our tongues can lead to our demise if we’re not careful.
- Critical tongue – it tears down reputations, especially of our leaders. Even more when we’re critical around unbelievers (Numbers 12:1-2).
- Gossiping – slanders, destroys a person’s character (Psalm 101:5, Proverbs 16:27, Leviticus 19:1, Proverbs 11:13, Proverbs 26:20)
- Complaining – displeases the Lord, He hates ingratitude! (Numbers 11:1, Psalm 78:19)
“Death and life is in the power of the tongue” Proverbs 18:21
How to deal with sins of the tongue:
- Use the tongue to pray – Ephesians 6:18
- Be quick to listen, slow to speak - Proverbs 29:20
- Refuse to tear others down – James 4:11
- Speak the truth in LOVE – Ephesians 4:15, 1 Corinthians 13:1
- Surrender your tongue to God – James 3:8
Before I speak:
- Is it true?
- Is it kind?
- Is it necessary?
- Do I have permission to share it?
- Is my motive pure?
I hope this has been beneficial to you all. God bless.